Strawberry Delight Torte Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberries and mint sprigs, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine marshmallow creme and lemon juice. Stir in strawberries. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over the crust. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with strawberries and mint if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 slice: 267 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Strawberry Delight Torte
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.