Strawberry Delight Torte
This tort is extremely festive looking and yet so easy to make. It can also be prepared ahead of time.
12-14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberries and mint sprigs, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until
- mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Press onto the
- bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for
- 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine marshmallow creme and lemon juice. Stir in
- strawberries. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over the crust. Cover and
- freeze overnight or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with
- strawberries and mint if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 267 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium,