Strawberry Delight Torte Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberries and mint sprigs, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine marshmallow creme and lemon juice. Stir in strawberries. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over the crust. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with strawberries and mint if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 slice: 267 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Strawberry Delight Torte
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.