Strawberry Cutout Cookies
Cropping up from a recipe shared by Heather Thays of Niles, Michigan is a fresh-picked idea for sugar cookies. Just cut the dough into strawberry shapes like our kitchen staff did.
42 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- Red and green colored sugar
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in two eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture
- alternately with milk. Cover and refrigerate overnight. On a floured
- surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a strawberry
- or other fruit-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in.
- apart on ungreased baking sheets. In a bowl, beat the water and
- remaining eggs. Brush over cookies; sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen (3-inch) cookies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 200 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.