Strawberry Cutout Cookies Recipe
Cropping up from a recipe shared by Heather Thays of Niles, Michigan is a fresh-picked idea for sugar cookies. Just cut the dough into strawberry shapes like our kitchen staff did.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- Red and green colored sugar
- 1. In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in two eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Cover and refrigerate overnight. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a strawberry or other fruit-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. In a bowl, beat the water and remaining eggs. Brush over cookies; sprinkle with colored sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen (3-inch) cookies.
2 each: 200 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Strawberry Cutout Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC