Strawberry Cutout Cookies Recipe
Cropping up from a recipe shared by Heather Thays of Niles, Michigan is a fresh-picked idea for sugar cookies. Just cut the dough into strawberry shapes like our kitchen staff did.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. YIELD:42 servings
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- Red and green colored sugar
- 1. In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in two eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Cover and refrigerate overnight. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a strawberry or other fruit-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. In a bowl, beat the water and remaining eggs. Brush over cookies; sprinkle with colored sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen (3-inch) cookies.
1 serving (2 each) equals 200 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC