Strawberry Custard Pies Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 4-1/2 cups cold water
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 6 pastry shells (9 inches), baked
- 3 pounds fresh strawberries, halved
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in gelatin and lemon juice until gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- Prepare pudding mixes according to package directions. Pour into pastry shells. Top with strawberries. Carefully spoon gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 pies (8 servings each).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Custard Pies
Sort By :
I made this pie with scratch custard the rest of the recipe made it perfect thanks for sharing.
seriously good pie
I've made it twice, a hit both times. Had to do my arithmetic to scale down the recipe, but it was great.
I made one pie using the measurements listed in one of the reviews. I didn't care for the pudding in this recipe. I was hoping for more of a custard taste...maybe I would like it better w/ a creamcheese-type base.
For Mothers Day, I made the full recipe for 6 pies. Wish I had made more. After giving to my 2 moms, I gave to 2 helpful neighbors and left 2 at home. Well each pie for home lasted a day each. Wish I had made more! :) Everyone loved these and my neighbor came over the other day and asked for the recipe. She ran to the store, came back to my house and we made 6 more!