- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 4-1/2 cups cold water
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 6 pastry shells (9 inches), baked
- 3 pounds fresh strawberries, halved
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in gelatin and lemon juice until gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- Prepare pudding mixes according to package directions. Pour into pastry shells. Top with strawberries. Carefully spoon gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 pies (8 servings each).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Custard Pies
Sort By :
""Interesting to note that people are asking for this recipe to be cut down to 1 pie when it's posted under recipes to feed a crowd.It seems quiet appropriate to me to list the recipe for 6 pies."
"I made this pie with scratch custard the rest of the recipe made it perfect thanks for sharing."
"seriously good pie"
"I've made it twice, a hit both times. Had to do my arithmetic to scale down the recipe, but it was great."
"I made one pie using the measurements listed in one of the reviews. I didn't care for the pudding in this recipe. I was hoping for more of a custard taste...maybe I would like it better w/ a creamcheese-type base."