Strawberry Crumble Parfaits
Time to take out those parfaits glasses! This is one of those elegant, but effortless recipes perfect for simple summer entertaining. Country Woman's taste panel loved the texture contrast between the smooth, creamy berry mixture and the buttery, crunchy topping. Carol Anderson, Salt Lake City, says this is "so delicious and refreshing on a warm summer's evening."
10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and pecans; cut in
- butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Spread into an
- ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- In another large bowl, combine the milk, lemon juice and orange
- juice. Add strawberries. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of crumb mixture into each parfait glass; top with
- a scant 3 tablespoonfuls of berry mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle
- with remaining crumb mixture. Freeze until firm. Remove from the
- freezer 20-30 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 369 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium,