Strawberry Crepe Roll-Ups Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup strawberry spreadable fruit
- 3 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the milk, egg substitute and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Coat a 7- or 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Pour about 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to plate; keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, coating with additional cooking spray as needed.
- 3. Spread each crepe with about 2 teaspoons spreadable fruit. Top with about 3 tablespoons strawberries. Roll up. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (2 filled crepes) equals 137 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.