"I grew up enjoying these sweet crepes, which my grandmother, aunts and uncles always called 'Swedish pancakes'. My husband, Chuck, sometimes makes this delicious dietary version for me on weekends," relates Cheryl Erikson of Grass Valley, California.
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup strawberry spreadable fruit
- 3 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, egg substitute and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Coat a 7- or 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Pour about 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to plate; keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, coating with additional cooking spray as needed.
- Spread each crepe with about 2 teaspoons spreadable fruit. Top with about 3 tablespoons strawberries. Roll up. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Crepe Roll-Ups in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p16
Reviews for Strawberry Crepe Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review