- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs, butter and extract. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in extract and food coloring if desired. Cool. Add strawberries.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth; fold in whipped cream. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoons of filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Top with strawberry topping. Yield: 22 crepes.
Reviews for Strawberry Creme Crepes
Sort By :
"This recipe is excellent! I just wouldn't add any sugar to the batter, since the filling is so sweet itselg. I scaled down the recipe half way and next time I will use 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar to make it less sweet, otherwise it's a very smooth and delicious dessert :)"
"Everyone who ate this was blown away by how good it is. My family couldn't get enough of the cream cheese filling, it's delicious!"
"I just used the crepe portion of this recipe because I wanted to use some apples up. It's one of the best crepe recipes I have found. I can't waite for organic strawberries to be in season to try it with strawberry cream."