Strawberry Creme Crepes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs, butter and extract. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in extract and, if desired, food coloring. Cool. Add strawberries.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth; fold in whipped cream. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoons of filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Top with strawberry topping. Yield: 22 crepes.
1 serving (2 pieces) equals 413 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Creme Crepes
"These are absolutely delicious! My only complaint is the strawberry extract tastes fake to me so I leave that out. Everyone loves these when I make them, my 10 year old son loves helping me make the crepes. You must make these!"
"This recipe is excellent! I just wouldn't add any sugar to the batter, since the filling is so sweet itselg. I scaled down the recipe half way and next time I will use 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar to make it less sweet, otherwise it's a very smooth and delicious dessert :)"
"Everyone who ate this was blown away by how good it is. My family couldn't get enough of the cream cheese filling, it's delicious!"
"I just used the crepe portion of this recipe because I wanted to use some apples up. It's one of the best crepe recipes I have found. I can't waite for organic strawberries to be in season to try it with strawberry cream."
"I made these for a brunch and everyone ate these and didn't touch the other stuff because these were so delicious!"
"My husband has always been a fan of crepes and I never thought I would be able to make them. This recipe is so easy to follow. Yes it is time consuming but well worth it! They turn out great each time. A tip, you can make the crepes up ahead of time and freeze them in your freezer (put wax paper in between them). Then just take out what you need for the recipe. Makes the process go a little faster."
"The crepes are so easy to make! Especially when you use a non stick pan. I get about 20 to 30 crepes that I put between wax paper and freeze it. I put the strawberries and the filling in containers, then every morning, just take out the crepe, defrost on a griddle, the assemble them for an easy breakfast. Also great for camping trips when made ahead of time."
"I used store-bought crepes & made the filling & topping. Very yummy & I wouldn't change a thing! Update: finally took the plunge & made the crepes & they turned out great! I used a 10" pan & 1/4 cup of batter to make them as I had a hard time using the 8" pan. Will make this again & again!"
"I made these for our 4th of July breakfast, everyone loved them and ask for your recipe. Thanks for sharing! Sometimes I use almond instead of vanilla. Great easy dessert or breakfast menu item."
"OMG!!! i love it and make it all the time!!!"
"This recipe is awsome. I made it this morning for my boyfriend who is extremely fussy, and we both loved it. Great for a family because it makes plenty of batter and filling"