Strawberry Creme Crepes Recipe
I always feel like a French chef when I serve these pretty crepes. Although they take a little time to prepare, they're well worth the effort. My guests are always impressed. —Debra Latta, Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs, butter and extract. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in extract and, if desired, food coloring. Cool. Add strawberries.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth; fold in whipped cream. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoons of filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Top with strawberry topping. Yield: 22 crepes.
1 serving (2 pieces) equals 413 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Creme Crepes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC