Strawberry Cream Tarts Recipe
- 2 packages (6 count each) individual graham cracker tart shells
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 medium strawberries, sliced
- 12 blueberries
- 6 tablespoons strawberry jelly, melted
- Brush insides of tart shells with egg whites. Place on two baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and flour; gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot milk mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter and lemon juice. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, spoon custard into shells; top with strawberries and blueberries. Spoon jelly over fruit. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Cream Tarts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p155
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Cream Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2014
"These are a perfect summer dessert! I found disposable mini pans and used those!"
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2008