Strawberry Cream Puff Dessert Recipe
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Additional sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the water, butter, sugar and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add egg and beat well. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- 3. For filling, in a small bowl, combine strawberries and 2 teaspoons sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream and remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in strawberry mixture.
- 5. Fill the cream puffs just before serving. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Garnish with additional strawberries if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cream puff equals 311 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Cream Puff Dessert
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.