Strawberry Cream Puff Dessert Recipe
Everyone in my family loves to cook and this recipe came from a collection of family recipes that have been handed down from generation to generation. These cream puffs were a favorite for holidays, but good anytime. It’s a nice departure from strawberry shortcake and the best part is that you can make the shells ahead of time and freeze them. —Suzette Jury, Keene, California
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Additional sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the water, butter, sugar and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add egg and beat well. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- 3. For filling, in a small bowl, combine strawberries and 2 teaspoons sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream and remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in strawberry mixture.
- 5. Fill the cream puffs just before serving. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Garnish with additional strawberries if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
1 each: 311 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Cream Puff Dessert
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC