- stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened
- and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from
- the heat and stir a small amount into egg; return all to the
- saucepan. Cook and stir until almost bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and
- stir 1-2 minutes more (do not boil). Remove from the heat; stir in
- vanilla and almond extract if desired. Cool to room temperature.
- Whip cream; fold into filling. Pour into pie shell. Chill for at
- least 2 hours.
- About 2 hours before serving, prepare glaze. Combine crushed
- strawberries and water in a large saucepan; cook for 2 minutes.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir into the berries. Cook
- until thick and clear, stirring constantly. Strain. Cool for 20
- Meanwhile, arrange berry halves over filling; pour glaze evenly over
- berries. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with whipped cream
- if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 336 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.