When it starts warming up in Colorado, my kids ask for ice-cold treats. This rosy pink cream float is one of our household favorites. —Crystal Jo Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
Recommended: 25 Best Summer Cakes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- STRAWBERRY SODA:
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) frozen unsweetened sliced strawberries (about 6 cups), thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 cups chilled carbonated water
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until serving.
- Place strawberries, sugar and lime juice in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Press through a fine-mesh strainer into a pitcher; discard seeds. Stir in carbonated water.
- Divide ice cream among eight glasses. Pour strawberry soda over ice cream. Top with whipped cream and, if desired, fresh strawberries; serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Cream Floats in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Reviews for Strawberry Cream Floats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review