Strawberry Cream Dessert Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 36 squares)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cartons (one 16 ounces, one 8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over the prepared crust.
- 3. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in yogurt and 6 cups of whipped topping until blended. Pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4. Spread remaining whipped topping over strawberry layer. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over whipped topping. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 394 calories, 22 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Cream Dessert
"try it in raspberry also........yummy"
"I was told this dish was required at family gatherings from now on."
"I have made this few times for small gatherings. Every time it was a hit. :)"
"Have taken this to a couple of large gatherings. I'm always ask for the recipe."
"I've made this many times before and have changed it just a bit. I use sugar-free gelatin, lite cool-whip, lite yogurt, fat free cream cheese. I noticed this decreased the super sweetness from the original. We love it!"
"Very good. I doubled the cream cheese filling and only used a 6 oz. container of yogurt."
"Delicious! The only recommendation is that I would make more of the cream cheese layer, so there would be enough to cover the crust."
"Many compliments on this recipe."
"Delicious and light dessert for summer!"
"My family loved this & can't wait for me to make again. I did modify this a bit. I used orange gelatin & yogurt. We call it Orange-Creamsicle Dessert. The crust I changed the sugar to 4 Tbl. & 1 stick of butter. The cream cheese layer I added 1/2 cup whipped topping & the orange layer I cut the whipped topping to 4 3/4 cups. I'm sure the strawberry is great but the orange is a different twist & so yummy!"
"I guess I'm too picky or too old, but this was too sweet. It was fluffy and fairly easy to make. I saved 2 tablespoons of the bottom layer of crumbs for the topping, omitted the top layer of Cool Whip, and substituted blueberry yogurt and berry blue jello for the strawberry. The cream cheese amount needs increasing to fully spread over the bottom crumb layer."
"My family loved this dessert and it is very easy to make and pretty too!!"
"Very easy to make. No matter where I take it there is never any left."
"Love it. I change it up by making different flavors. Tons of compliments!!!! Great recipe."
"I love this dessert! it's even better if you add sliced strawberries!"
"Excellent! I often make in 2 graham cracker crusts. Works very well."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.