Strawberry Cream Cookies
The cream cheese cookie looks lovely on a tea tray.
30 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Seedless strawberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light
- and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Add flour and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking
- sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in.-deep
- indentation in the center of each ball; fill with about 1/4 teaspoon
- jam. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire
- racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 139 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.