Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie Recipe
- Pastry for a single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar strawberry preserves
- Fat-free whipped topping, optional
- 1. Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer pastry to plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg substitute, honey and vanilla until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15-18 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. Arrange strawberries over filling. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in preserves. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon or brush over the strawberries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 268 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
"1/2 cup egg substitute equals 2 eggs"
"Lovely pie! Not exactly low fat, however. Anytime you use traditional pie crust, it ain't low fat baby!"
"I am a fan of raspberries so of course I had to do it "my way'. It was fabulous! Of course I used raspberry seedless preserves. Next, I am going to try it with fresh peaches and then there will be peaches with raspberries and I'll call it Raspberry Melba . I do always put my fresh fruit pies in graham cracker crusts."
"@babs14075....... If you substitute real eggs you will need two eggs for 1/2 cup.I made this pie and it is delicious. You can't go wrong using this recipe if you need to take a dessert somewhere. Very yummy and easy to make."
"Sounds easy. I don't have egg substitute. Can I use one egg?"
"I made this recipe and it turned out fabulous, just what I needed on a hot summer day! I will, however, use half as much vanilla extract next time I make it."
"I'd use graham cracker crust instead of pastry crust. That's the way my mother always made it--delicious!!!!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.