- Pastry for a single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar strawberry preserves
- Fat-free whipped topping, optional
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer pastry to plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg substitute, honey and vanilla until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15-18 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Arrange strawberries over filling. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in preserves. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon or brush over the strawberries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
"1/2 cup egg substitute equals 2 eggs"
"I am a fan of raspberries so of course I had to do it "my way'. It was fabulous! Of course I used raspberry seedless preserves. Next, I am going to try it with fresh peaches and then there will be peaches with raspberries and I'll call it Raspberry Melba . I do always put my fresh fruit pies in graham cracker crusts."
"Sounds easy. I don't have egg substitute. Can I use one egg?"
"I made this recipe and it turned out fabulous, just what I needed on a hot summer day! I will, however, use half as much vanilla extract next time I make it."
"I'd use graham cracker crust instead of pastry crust. That's the way my mother always made it--delicious!!!!"
"I made this for a family gathering and it was a big hit. It was very easy to make and it was so refreshing and delicious. It was also one of the few healthy desserts at the family gathering, which is why I made it. I loved how tasty and low fat it was! I will definitely be making this again."