- then fold in remaining whites.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter
- with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at
- 325° for 35-40 minutes or until or until cake springs back when
- lightly touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the
- confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Run a knife around sides and center tube of pan; remove cake.
- Cut into three horizontal layers. Place one layer on a serving plate;
- top with some of the whipped cream and sliced strawberries. Repeat.
- Top with remaining cake layer; spread remaining whipped cream over
- top and sides of cake. Arrange remaining sliced berries on sides of
- Cut whole berries in half; arrange on cake top. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 408 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 160 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.