- with milk and orange juice.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks
- form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on
- high until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until
- a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing
- from pans to wire racks. Gently peel off waxed paper and discard.
- Cool cakes completely.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped strawberries and sugar; let stand for
- 30 minutes. In a bowl, beat cream and vanilla until cream begins to
- thicken. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar on high until stiff
- peaks form. Fold in sour cream.
- PLace one cake layer on a serving plate; top with chopped berries and
- half of the cream mixture. Top with the remaining cake and cream
- mixture. Garnish with whole berries. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.