My family finds these fruity cookies to be a light treat in summer. I sometimes use lemon cake mix in place of the strawberry.
—Nancy Shelton, Boaz, Kentucky
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package strawberry cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and whipped topping until
- well combined. Place confectioners' sugar in a shallow dish.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into sugar; turn to coat. Place 2 in.
- apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around
- the edges. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 127 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.