Strawberry Cookies Recipe
- 1 package strawberry cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and whipped topping until well combined. Place confectioners' sugar in a shallow dish.
- 2. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into sugar; turn to coat. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 127 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Strawberry Cookies
"Kids Loved them. They're pretty on a plate as well."
"I think for the cost and time needed these are pretty good. However they don't come close to a cookie made with butter and more complex ingredients. My kids rated them allright, which is almost a maybe we'll eat them statement. As I look at the plate 2 days later 1/2 the 2 1/2 dozen the recipe made are still on the plate. This is not a winner in our house! I might add it to a cookie variety plate , but I don't know if I would make it again otherwise."
"I have already reviewed this recipes but I just found another cookie that this one looks like. If you look up crackle cookies this is what the strawberry cookie looks like only it is pink. Very pretty!"
"I was very surprised by this recipe. I wanted to try it because it sounded so simple but was just not sure what to expect. They are light and fluffy and look beautiful when done. I only got about 3 dozen cookies out of a batch and i baked them on the top rack of the oven for 14 minutes at 350 degrees. They came out perfect. My husband loved them! He would have given them 10 stars if he could have. They are very messy and you will not need 2 cups of confectioners sugar. Start off with just one cup to cut back on wasting. Over all, these are the perfect summer cookie! Thanks for the recipe."
"sounds good enough to try and very simple too. I wonder if rolling in strawberry jello afer they come out of the oven would be good? Or mix with the confec. sugar?"
"Do you have a picture of these cookies?"
"Nancy, tried to see recipe, but said website not there....would love to see it...Kathy Jo"