Strawberry Citrus Slushies Recipe
- STRAWBERRY PUREE:
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- CITRUS SLUSH:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 4-1/2 cups ice cubes
- 1. Place the strawberries, confectioners' sugar and water in a blender. Cover and process until blended; transfer to a small bowl. Cover and chill until serving.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 3. Just before serving, place the lemon juice, orange juice, ice cubes and sugar syrup in a blender. Cover and process until it reaches a slushy consistency. Divide strawberry puree among four chilled glasses. Top with citrus slush. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup citrus slush with 1-1/2 tablespoons : 157 calories, trace fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (37g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Strawberry Citrus Slushies
"Easy to put together and delicious. The great thing about this is I usually have all these ingredients on hand all the time."