Strawberry Citrus Slushies Recipe
Ordinary juice is just fine for everyday. But when hosting morning meals, our home economists suggest you serve something a little more special, like this pretty and refreshing beverage.
- STRAWBERRY PUREE:
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- CITRUS SLUSH:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 4-1/2 cups ice cubes
- 1. Place the strawberries, confectioners' sugar and water in a blender. Cover and process until blended; transfer to a small bowl. Cover and chill until serving.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 3. Just before serving, place the lemon juice, orange juice, ice cubes and sugar syrup in a blender. Cover and process until it reaches a slushy consistency. Divide strawberry puree among four chilled glasses. Top with citrus slush. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup citrus slush with 1-1/2 tablespoons puree equals 157 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC