Strawberry Cider Vinegar
If you're looking for a fun and flavorful way to enjoy juicy strawberries, try this vinegar from our Test Kitchen. Use it to make the Creamy Strawberry Salad Dressing on the opposite page.
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine strawberries and vinegar; let stand for
- 1 hour. Add sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 10 minutes. Cool. Strain through a double layer of cheesecloth;
- do not press fruit. Let stand for 1 hour. Store in a sterilized jar
- in a cool dark place. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 34 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.