Strawberry Chocolate Truffles
The ever-popular combination of strawberries and chocolate is showcased in these rich, decadent truffles. I often double the recipe to give as gifts.—Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
42 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (7 ounces each), halved
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup strawberry spreadable fruit
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/4 cups chopped almonds, toasted
- Place chocolate in a food processor; cover and process until chopped.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over
- chocolate; cover and process until smooth. Stir in spreadable fruit
- and vanilla until combined. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room
- temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate until firm, about 3
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in almonds. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Kept refrigerated in an airtight container, these truffles can be made one week before serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 truffle equals 147 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.