Strawberry Chocolate Torte Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 10 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1. In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup butter. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs,butter and sugar until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; Chill.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the whipped topping, sour cream and pudding mix until blended. Spread half over crust. Arrange strawberries over the top. Spread with remaining filling.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Drizzle over filling. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 313 calories, 18 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.