Strawberry Chocolate Torte Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 10 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup butter. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs,butter and sugar until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the whipped topping, sour cream and pudding mix until blended. Spread half over crust. Arrange strawberries over the top. Spread with remaining filling.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Drizzle over filling. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Strawberry Chocolate Torte
Sort By :
I made this recipe the filling was thick like glue, would not spread any suggestions of what could of went wrong, i used cool whip and the sour cream and 40 grams of jello chocolate fat free instant pudding. I don;t know if the 40 grams would equal the 3.9 ounces of chocolate,help please. Thanks
I have made this recipe numerous times and it is excellent...I always use fresh whipped cream as well instead of frozen whipped topping...
This delicious dessert is easy to prepare and has become a family favorite. I have also made it using cherry pie filling when I had no strawberries, and that was very good too.
I made this yummy dessert with raspberries instead of strawberries, and it was delicious. We all loved it, and it was so pretty! Definentely something I will make again. Oh, and it was really simple to mix up! Mmmm.