"I made this special dessert for my husband on Valentine's Day, and he really enjoyed it," relates Suzanne Zick of Iron Station, North Carolina. "It's pretty simple and tastes wonderful!" In the Taste of Home Test Kitchen, the word was "Yum!" when we tried this refrigerator torte. Tucked inside the chocolate crumb crust is a fluffy chocolate filling with a layer of fresh berries.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 10 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup butter. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs,butter and sugar until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the whipped topping, sour cream and pudding mix until blended. Spread half over crust. Arrange strawberries over the top. Spread with remaining filling.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Drizzle over filling. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Strawberry Torte in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p68
Reviews for Strawberry Chocolate Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review