Strawberry Chocolate Shortcakes Recipe
This fluffy, creamy strawberry shortcake is adapted from my sister's recipe. The drizzle of chocolate sauce on top is a great addition to this sweet, delightful dessert. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup crushed strawberries
- 1 drop red food coloring, optional
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water and crushed strawberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add food coloring if desired.
- 2. Place sponge cakes on a serving plate. Top with strawberry sauce, sliced strawberries, whipped topping and chocolate syrup if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 289 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Chocolate Shortcakes
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC