Strawberry Chocolate Shortcakes Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup crushed strawberries
- 1 drop red food coloring, optional
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water and crushed strawberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add food coloring if desired.
- Place sponge cakes on a serving plate. Top with strawberry sauce, sliced strawberries, whipped topping and chocolate syrup if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Chocolate Shortcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review