Strawberry Chocolate Shortcake Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg white
- 2-1/2 pints fresh strawberries
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chocolate syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, 2/3 cup sugar and cocoa. Stir in milk and butter; mix well. Drop by 1/3 cupfuls at least 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Beat egg white until foamy; brush over shortcakes. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- 2. Set aside 10 whole strawberries; slice remaining strawberries. In a large bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form.
- 3. Just before serving, split shortcakes horizontally. Spoon half of the whipped cream and all of the sliced berries between cake layers. Spoon remaining whipped cream on top. Drizzle with chocolate syrup; top with a whole berry. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 581 calories, 32g fat (17g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 642mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Chocolate Shortcake
"I have made this several times for Valentine's Day and it IS impressive AND tasty!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.