Strawberry Chiffon Cake Recipe
This light and luscious cake, along with fresh strawberries, is a "berry good" dessert to serve at a church ice cream social.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 to 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- 1. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Place in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Add oil, egg yolks and orange juice; beat with a spoon until smooth.
- 2. In a bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff. Gradually add batter, folding gently until blended. Pour into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes. Invert immediately on wire rack, but keep in pan. When cool, remove cake from pan and slice into 12 pieces. Top each slice with berries, ice cream and whipped cream. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Chiffon Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC