- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 to 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Place in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Add oil, egg yolks and orange juice; beat with a spoon until smooth.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff. Gradually add batter, folding gently until blended. Pour into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes. Invert immediately on wire rack, but keep in pan. When cool, remove cake from pan and slice into 12 pieces. Top each slice with berries, ice cream and whipped cream. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Chiffon Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p19
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Chiffon Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review