- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 cup cooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans
- Place strawberries, sugar, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a blender; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Refrigerate until serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt and pepper; grill, covered, over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Cut chicken into slices. Divide salad mix among four plates; top with pasta, onion, chicken and strawberries. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Strawberry-Chicken Pasta Salad
"Not bad, but the pasta wasn't a great fit. It was pretty good. I used some pre-cooked chicken, which cut down the prep time."
"I made this and the dressing was very tasty. I think it would have been better without the pasta. Next time I will add some fresh baby spinach instead of the pasta."
"I would leave out the pasta. I'm not a fan of cold pasta. The rest looks and sounds amazing. I'm going to try it tomorrow."