When I figured out how to re-create this restaurant dish at home, my family was so excited. For a different spin, use raspberries or peaches instead of strawberries. —Jane Ozment, Purcell, Oklahoma
Featured In: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Strawberries
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 cup cooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans
- Place strawberries, sugar, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a blender; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Refrigerate until serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt and pepper; grill, covered, over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Cut chicken into slices. Divide salad mix among four plates; top with pasta, onion, chicken and strawberries. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry-Chicken Pasta Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014, p1-11
Reviews forStrawberry-Chicken Pasta Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review