For a dessert that looks as great as it tastes, this one can't be beat! Layers of rich pound cake, luscious cream and sweet strawberries make this treat very inviting. —Marnie Stoughton, Glenburnie, Ontario
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- Chocolate curls and additional strawberries, optional
- In a bowl, toss strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, orange juice and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream; set aside.
- Drain strawberries, reserving juice; set the berries aside. Gently toss cake cubes with reserved juice. Place half of the cake in a 4-qt. trifle dish or serving bowl. Top with a third of the cream cheese mixture, half of the strawberries and half of the grated chocolate. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Garnish with chocolate curls and strawberries if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p45
Reviews for Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review