Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
For a fantastic finale, this trifle makes any meal a special one. Because it is best made ahead so the flavors can blend, there's no last-minute fuss.Marnie Stoughton, Glenburnie, Ontario
14-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- Chocolate curls and additional strawberries, optional
- In a bowl, toss strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, orange juice and remaining sugar until
- smooth. Fold in the whipped cream; set aside.
- Drain strawberries, reserving juice; set the berries aside. Gently
- toss cake cubes with reserved juice. Place half of the cake in a
- 4-qt. trifle dish or serving bowl. Top with a third of the cream
- cheese mixture, half of the strawberries and half of the grated
- chocolate. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and strawberries if desired. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 344 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium,