Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle Recipe
For a fantastic finale, this trifle makes any meal a special one. Because it is best made ahead so the flavors can blend, there's no last-minute fuss.—Marnie Stoughton, Glenburnie, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:14-16 servings
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- Chocolate curls and additional strawberries, optional
- 1. In a bowl, toss strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, orange juice and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream; set aside.
- 3. Drain strawberries, reserving juice; set the berries aside. Gently toss cake cubes with reserved juice. Place half of the cake in a 4-qt. trifle dish or serving bowl. Top with a third of the cream cheese mixture, half of the strawberries and half of the grated chocolate. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Garnish with chocolate curls and strawberries if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 14-16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 344 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC