Strawberry Cheesecake Swirl Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water, optional
- 1. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, combine strawberries and cornstarch; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Set aside 1/3 cup strawberry sauce; cool. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce for serving.
- 3. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in milk. Add lemon juice; mix well. Add eggs, beat on low just until combined. Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over crust. Drop half of the strawberry mixture by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto cream cheese layer.
- 4. Carefully spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over sauce. Drop remaining strawberry sauce by 1/2 teaspoonfuls on top. With a knife, cut through top layer only to swirl strawberry sauce.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 6. Remove side of pan. Thin chilled strawberry sauce with water if desired; serve with cheesecake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 236 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Cheesecake Swirl
"Not a fun of cheesecake but when I baked this, I became one. The only thing is I baked this 4 times already and yet I can't make the cheesecake stick to the crust. Also it was a little soft/soggy. I don't know what I'm doing wrong."
"A waterbath is almost a requirement for a cheesecake that isn*t cracked. I have had a couple end up as cheesecake soup by setting the pan IN the water... I just put a turkey pan with at least a quart, more wont hurt, of water on the bottom rack. Then put cheesecake on the rack directly above water. Works like a charm everytime. Love Love LOVE to make this 1...."
"I love it! I gave some to my neighbor and she said it was the best she has ever had!!"
"This is so sweet now that i dont have to buy it anymore i can make my own this will be myfirst time making it wish me luck"
"I have made cheesecakes many times before, but I believe this was the best tasting one yet! Got raves from everyone who had a piece and I will definitely put this at the top of my cheesecake recipe list!"
"I made this for a romantic dinner date for my husband and I and he absolutely loved the cheesecake. It did crack like some of you were saying. Next time I'll have to try the foil/water trick."
"Absolutely the BEST cheesecake recipe ever! Victoria Elaine, your tip on wrapping the pan in foil and putting it in some water was amazing. You are right -- no cracks at all!! Yippee!"
"I made this for my aunt's birthday, it was *fabulous*!! Can't wait to make it again. :)"
"I made this for Easter this year. I make a cheesecake nearly every holiday & usually try a different recipe every time. This is - hands down - the BEST cheesecake I've ever made! So creamy & yummy! The only change I made is that I wrapped the pan tightly in foil & baked it in a pan with about 1" of water. I've found this method of baking helps keep the cheesecake from cracking. Update: After making this several times, I now only make half of the strawberry sauce. People seem to like to eat the cheesecake as-is, without the sauce & so it ends up going to waste."
"This is the first cheesecake I have ever made and may be the best I have ever had. thanks for such a great recipe."
"I have used this receipe many times. LOVE IT!!"
"this is a WONDERFUL recipe and it's cream and I WILL make it again and again and again."
"This was beautiful and delicious too. I made it because my granddaughter requested a strawberry cheesecake. Once she tasted it, she told her mom to get the recipe from me. I will certainly make it again soon."
"I made this for my parent's anniversary dinner and it was a huge hit. Best cheesecake I've ever had. I used vanilla wafer crumbs for the crust in place of the graham cracker crumbs. It was excellent! I've been asked several times to make this again."
"Great looking and great tasting cheesecake! I made this for my husband's 30th birthday, and it was a hit. Directions were clear and easy to follow - a definite make again. :)"