Strawberry Cheesecake Swirl Recipe
Whenever one of my three sons or eight grandchildren has a birthday, I make this pretty, creamy cheesecake. The all love it...and I do, too!
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water, optional
- 1. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, combine strawberries and cornstarch; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Set aside 1/3 cup strawberry sauce; cool. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce for serving.
- 3. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in milk. Add lemon juice; mix well. Add eggs, beat on low just until combined. Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over crust. Drop half of the strawberry mixture by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto cream cheese layer.
- 4. Carefully spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over sauce. Drop remaining strawberry sauce by 1/2 teaspoonfuls on top. With a knife, cut through top layer only to swirl strawberry sauce.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 6. Remove side of pan. Thin chilled strawberry sauce with water if desired; serve with cheesecake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 236 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC