My mother-in-law has been a great inspiration to me in the kitchen. These fruity muffins are often part of our Sunday dinner menu. —Iris Linkletter, Summerside, Prince Edward Island
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, brown sugar, butter, lemon peel and almond extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon half of the batter into greased muffin cups. Top each with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture and 1 teaspoon jam. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p59
Reviews for Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review