Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse Recipe
Indulge your sweet tooth with this refreshing berry dessert. I've been making it for years. It's like a no-bake cheesecake without the crust. —Virginia Anthony, Jacksonville, FL
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sugar strawberry preserves
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir and let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Meanwhile, combine strawberries and preserves; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons sour cream until blended; set aside.
- 3. In another bowl, beat whipping cream and remaining sour cream until it begins to thicken. Add the gelatin mixture and remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- 4. In each of six dessert dishes, layer 1/2 cup strawberry mixture and 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 279 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC