Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse Recipe
Indulge your sweet tooth with this refreshing berry dessert. I've been making it for years. It's like a no-bake cheesecake without the crust. —Virginia Anthony, Jacksonville, FL
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sugar strawberry preserves
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir and let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Meanwhile, combine strawberries and preserves; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons sour cream until blended; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat whipping cream and remaining sour cream until it begins to thicken. Add the gelatin mixture and remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- In each of six dessert dishes, layer 1/2 cup strawberry mixture and 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse in Country Woman June/July 2009, p37
Reviews for Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 9, 2011
made this and everyone loved it! I substituted raspberries for the strawberries and it is divine!
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2010
Strawberry cheesecake mousse is delicious and so easy to make. My family loves it and we make it any time we can.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Mousse Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Mousse Recipes >
- Strawberry Mousse Recipe >
- Strawberry Recipes >