My daughter and I trimmed down a recipe from a television cooking show, and these bite-size cheesecakes were the result. We shared them with neighbors and friends, and no one suspected they were light. —Lori Lewis of St. Johns, Michigan
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 12 reduced-fat vanilla wafers
- 1 can (12 ounces) strawberry cake and pastry filling
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar substitute and sugar. Beat in vanilla. Add egg and egg substitute; beat until blended.
- Place each vanilla wafer flat side down in a foil-lined muffin cup. Fill with cream cheese mixture. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour (centers will sink slightly).
- Spoon pastry filling into the center of each cheesecake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry Cheesecake Minis in Light & Tasty December/January 2006, p33
Reviews for Strawberry Cheesecake Minis
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review