Strawberry Cheesecake Minis Recipe
My daughter and I trimmed down a recipe from a television cooking show, and these bite-size cheesecakes were the result. We shared them with neighbors and friends, and no one suspected they were light. —Lori Lewis of St. Johns, Michigan
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 12 reduced-fat vanilla wafers
- 1 can (12 ounces) strawberry cake and pastry filling
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar substitute and sugar. Beat in vanilla. Add egg and egg substitute; beat until blended.
- 2. Place each vanilla wafer flat side down in a foil-lined muffin cup. Fill with cream cheese mixture. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour (centers will sink slightly).
- 3. Spoon pastry filling into the center of each cheesecake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 cheesecake equals 217 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC