Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Light and refreshing, this dreamy, creamy dessert is perfect for steamy afternoons. Great for scooping into cones, the frozen fluff won't melt as fast as regular ice cream. Change up the recipe with a variety of frozen berries or fruits. —Debra Goforth, Newport, Tennessee
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, creamer, sugar and lemon peel
- until blended. Fold in whipped topping and strawberries. Transfer to
- a freezer container; freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Remove from
- the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 181 calories, 10 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.