Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Recipe
- 1 carton (8 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- Maple syrup and additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, sugar and vanilla. Spread 2 tablespoons on each of eight slices of bread; top with remaining bread. In a bowl, beat eggs and milk; soak sandwiches for 1-2 minutes per side.
- 2. Cook on a greased hot griddle for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Serve with strawberries. Top with syrup and additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4-6 servings.
2 each: 220 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein .
Reviews for Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
"I made this today. It was not bad. I added cinnamon to mine. I will make this again but next time I think I will use cream cheese instead of ricotta."
"Mmmmm! Very good!"
"Cheesecake filling did not taste that great, it seemed to have a strong ricotta cheese taste. Maybe more confectioners sugar would have changed my opinion of this recipe. I would rather regular french toast anyways (and who needs all the added sugar anyways)."