Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Recipe
- 1 carton (8 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- Maple syrup and additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, sugar and vanilla. Spread 2 tablespoons on each of eight slices of bread; top with remaining bread. In a bowl, beat eggs and milk; soak sandwiches for 1-2 minutes per side.
- 2. Cook on a greased hot griddle for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Serve with strawberries. Top with syrup and additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4-6 servings.
2 each: 220 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
"I made this today. It was not bad. I added cinnamon to mine. I will make this again but next time I think I will use cream cheese instead of ricotta."
"Mmmmm! Very good!"
"Cheesecake filling did not taste that great, it seemed to have a strong ricotta cheese taste. Maybe more confectioners sugar would have changed my opinion of this recipe. I would rather regular french toast anyways (and who needs all the added sugar anyways)."