Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
For a tempting breakfast dish that's more like dessert, try this! The rich filling between the French toast slices tastes like cheesecake. And who can resist sweet strawberries?
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 carton (8 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- Maple syrup and additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, sugar and vanilla. Spread 2
- tablespoons on each of eight slices of bread; top with remaining
- bread. In a bowl, beat eggs and milk; soak sandwiches for 1-2
- minutes per side.
- Cook on a greased hot griddle for 5 minutes on each side or until
- golden brown and heated through. Serve with strawberries. Top with
- syrup and additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 220 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.