For a tempting breakfast dish that's more like dessert, try this! The rich filling between the French toast slices tastes like cheesecake. And who can resist sweet strawberries?
- 1 carton (8 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- Maple syrup and additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, sugar and vanilla. Spread 2 tablespoons on each of eight slices of bread; top with remaining bread. In a bowl, beat eggs and milk; soak sandwiches for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Cook on a greased hot griddle for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Serve with strawberries. Top with syrup and additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p11
Reviews for Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review