- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries and graham cracker crumbs
- Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
- Place the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in a food processor; cover and process until fine crumbs form. Press tablespoonfuls onto bottoms of liners. Bake at 350° for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Beat egg whites with clean beaters until stiff peaks form. Fold a third of the egg whites into batter. Fold in remaining egg whites and strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost tops. Garnish with strawberries and cracker crumbs. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Made this recipe. When I ate the first cupcake shortly after it cooled, I was not impressed, but after I removed them from the refrigerator after the frosting, they were delicious. Will make them again. I cup the strawberry in half for garnish. Frost half of them and they are almost gone. My dad and granddaughter loves them!"
"This recipe was amazing! I made them twice within a month. The first time I made them my nephew,who is an Executive Chef, was one of the taste testers. He ranted and raved over them and requested I make them again, for him this time, which I did.Each time I made them they turned out absolutely moist & delicious! I had many compliments and requests for more. I will definitely keep this recipe in my most favorite's file!"
"I bake a lot and these are the very best cupcakes I have ever eaten. I made these for Mother's Day and sis in law took some home. I made the cupcakes on Fri night, the icing on Sat and ate them on Sunday. They were perfectly set and I was afraid the bottom would be crumbly. They were amazing!!!"
"Great way to get your cheese cake fix,and not go oveboard"