- bottoms of liners. Bake at 350° for 3-5 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Set aside to cool.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for
- 30 minutes. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla
- until light and fluffy. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking
- powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour
- cream, beating well after each addition.
- Beat egg whites with clean beaters until stiff peaks form. Fold a
- third of the egg whites into batter. Fold in remaining egg whites
- and strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks
- to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add
- confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost tops.
- Garnish with strawberries and cracker crumbs. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake (calculated without garnishes) equals 387 calories, 24 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.