Although these bars are Christmas-party pretty, they're really good any time of year. In fact, I always double the recipe cause they're such a hit with my husband and six children. Even then, I never have any left over.
Recommended: 32 Sweet and Tart Rhubarb Dessert Recipes
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar (12 ounces) strawberry preserves
- Cut cookie dough into 25 slices. Arrange side by side in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Pat together to close gaps. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned and edges are firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Spread preserves over warm crust. Carefully spread cream cheese mixture evenly over preserves.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry Cheesecake Bars in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p45
Reviews for Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2015
"I really enjoyed how easy these were to make! I didn't have any sugar cookie dough on hand, so I madey own crust, but they still didn't last long in my house!"
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2014
"What kind of cookie dough???"
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2013
"Looking fwd. to making these cheesecake bars as gifts."