Although these bars are Christmas-party pretty, they're really good any time of year. In fact, I always double the recipe cause they're such a hit with my husband and six children. Even then, I never have any left over.
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar (12 ounces) strawberry preserves
- Cut cookie dough into 25 slices. Arrange side by side in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Pat together to close gaps. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned and edges are firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Spread preserves over warm crust. Carefully spread cream cheese mixture evenly over preserves.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry Cheesecake Bars in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p45
Reviews for Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review