Strawberry Cheese Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil and set shell aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Add eggs; mix until combined. Pour into shell. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine sour cream and remaining sugar in a bowl; mix well. Spread over filling. Turn oven off. Return pie to the oven for 15 minutes. Remove; cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Before serving, top with strawberries. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 417 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.