- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil and set shell aside.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Add eggs; mix until combined. Pour into shell. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream and remaining sugar in a bowl; mix well. Spread over filling. Turn oven off. Return pie to the oven for 15 minutes. Remove; cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Before serving, top with strawberries. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Cheese Pie
Sort By :
"This always tastes fantastic and gets compliments. So easy and a great stand by."
"Excellant! The best cheesecake/pie recipe I've ever made."
"I have been making this recipe for years.It taste really good and is so simple to make. It can be made with or without the strawberries. Its great either way. Thanks for the great recipe!"