When I first served these turnovers, folks thought I bought them from a bakery. Everyone was surprised to hear they start with refrigerated crescent rolls and pie filling. —Jolene Spray, Van Wert, Ohio
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup strawberry pie filling
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons apricot spreadable fruit
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and extract until smooth. Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles. Place 1 heaping teaspoonful of cream cheese mixture in the center of each triangle. Top with 1 teaspoon of pie filling and 1 teaspoon of pineapple.
- With one long side of pastry facing you, fold right and left corners over filling to top corner, forming a square. Seal edges. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush with spreadable fruit. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Cheese Bundles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p201
Reviews for Strawberry Cheese Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2011
"These are quick, easy and delicious! Next time I'm going to try diced kiwi instead of pineapple."